About Catering Service
Catering is the business of providing food service at a remote site or a site such as a hotel, hospital, pub, aircraft, cruise ship, park, filming site or studio, entertainment site, or event venue.
Caterers Job Responsibilitiess
- Design, create and submit menus for special events both large and small, and organize all items needed for delivery and meal preparation.
- Ensure that all menu items meet the expectation of the customer through advanced tastings and practice runs.
- Organize and source all ingredients needed for every item on the menu for all events.
- Finalize menu items and head counts before the event to guarantee your team is prepared for the job.
- Transport food, tables and other items needed to serve food during an event to ensure that all catering jobs move smoothly and efficiently.
- Organize the serving of the food after it is prepared in order to keep guests from getting hungry or too full all at once.
- Assist with clean up after an event to guarantee that no items are left behind to leave a bad image for the company.
- Manage other individuals, including caterers and servers, to keep the flow in the kitchen moving smoothly and to provide food to an event without problems.