About Foreign Exchange
Foreign Exchange (forex or FX) is the trading of one currency for another. For example, one can swap the U.S. dollar for the euro. Foreign exchange transactions can take place on the foreign exchange market, also known as the forex market.
Functions of Ours Foreign Exchange
- Transfer Function: The basic and the most obvious function of the foreign exchange market is to transfer the funds or the foreign currencies from one country to another for settling their payments. The market basically converts one’s currency to another.
- Credit Function: The FOREX provides short-term credit to the importers in order to facilitate the smooth flow of goods and services from various countries. The importer can use his own credit to finance foreign purchases.
- Hedging Function: The third function of a foreign exchange market is to hedge the foreign exchange risks. The parties in the foreign exchange are often afraid of the fluctuations in the exchange rates, which means the price of one currency in terms of another currency. This might result in a gain or loss to the party concerned
Features of Ours Foreign Exchange
- High Liquidity The foreign exchange market is the most easily liquefiable financial market in the whole world. This involves the trading of various currencies worldwide. The traders in this market are free to buy or sell the currencies anytime as per their own choice.
- Market Transparency There is much clarity in this market. The traders in the foreign exchange market have full access to all market data and information. This will help to monitor different countries’ currency price fluctuations through the real-time portfolio.
- Dynamic Market The foreign exchange market is a dynamic market structure. In these markets, the currency values change every second and hour.
- Operates 24 Hours The Foreign exchange markets function 24 hours a day. This provides the traders the possibility to trade at any time.