Painters use paint, tools, and materials such as plaster, to change the appearance and texture of buildings, walls, and other structures. They may operate alone or alongside other painters or construction workers.
- Selecting the correct tools and paints for projects.
- Preparing walls and other surfaces before painting.
- Mixing and applying paints, varnishes, and sealants for a lasting finish.
- Covering exposed objects and surfaces.
- Using fillers such as putty and plaster to repair cracks.
- Buying paint, brushes, and other supplies.
- Obeying workplace safety rules.
- Collaborating with other design and construction specialists.
- Keeping the workspace and tools clean.